ROCK CHALK…

Posted on Tuesday 8 April 2008

…JAYHAWKS!!!!

All pools aside (even though I won mine!!!!) what an incredible game!

What an incredible season for both KU football and basketball teams. Thank you, Jayhawks, for making it so much fun.

Thank you, RG Daughter for the trip across country that allowed us to find this wonderful school and the cool town of Lawrence, Kansas.

Rock chalk, indeed! Rock Chalk on and on and on.

hawkswin.jpg

17 Comments for 'ROCK CHALK…'

Suz
    April 8, 2008 | 2:25 am

Congrats on the win!! ๐Ÿ™‚ WOOHOO!!

April 8, 2008 | 5:58 am

It could just be the angle but it looks like Roulletta might have been rooting for Memphis.

Good job!

April 8, 2008 | 7:37 am

Suz–Thank you. What a game!

Rick–No, she loves the Jayhawks because she knows a win means lots of dog treats! She looks a bit out of sorts because I woke her up to snap the photo. ๐Ÿ™‚

April 8, 2008 | 7:48 am

Jayhawks, KU, Rock chalk – I’m afraid none of these things means anything to me. But you look happy so congratulations ๐Ÿ™‚

Lorraine
    April 8, 2008 | 8:07 am

How about that 3 point buzzer beater with 2.7 seconds left in the game, you know there was a fan explosion at that moment. What a game!!

Julie
    April 8, 2008 | 9:21 am

Congrats on both the wins! Exciting games are so much fun to watch and getting a bit extra cash is always good.

April 8, 2008 | 9:31 am

Kim–What is the biggest sport in Scotland? Who are the teams? Put them all in a single-elimination tournament, pick your favorites to win each game right up to the final two. Then, always pick the Jayhawks ๐Ÿ™‚

Lorraine–I think that was when I was able to breathe again!

Julie–Thanks. And of course, in my pool we were only playing for M&Ms, and I now have plenty to share!

April 8, 2008 | 10:51 am

It’s nice to live vicariously through your sports lust. Very cute T-shirt!

April 8, 2008 | 11:02 am

Hey, I won my pool too! Watched the overtime by myself in the dark – screaming in whispers so as to not wake the sleeping people in the rest of the house. It truly was an amazing game.

Now to focus on the Caps . . .

April 8, 2008 | 11:16 am

Congrats!!! I’m a Bruin so I was pretty depressed Saturday but I was on the edge of my seat last night. That 3 by Chalmers was insane!! I think I scared my neighbors I screamed so loud. Congrats again- I’m glad you won your pool:)

April 8, 2008 | 6:51 pm

Namaste–I have one in white, too. Should have put it on the dog for the photo!

Brave Astronaut–So fun, yes? And C-A-P-S, Caps, Caps Caps on Friday!

Christine–Tough loss for your Bruins, but glad you enjoyed the thrill of the game last night.

April 8, 2008 | 11:07 pm

I admit to never having any clue about what’s happening at the moment in sports, but I’m glad that you have a big smile on your face. =) And your dog is adorable!

Augs
    April 9, 2008 | 1:38 pm

Congrats KU. If it wasn’t going to be Texas, then why not their conference foe. well done.

April 9, 2008 | 3:35 pm

Yay!

(Gorgeous photo!)

Jessie
    April 9, 2008 | 9:15 pm

We were at a big gathering Saturday night when KU won against UNC and since we live in Kansas City, everyone in the place screamed so loud I couldn’t hear again for five minutes. But it was so cool! The final was amazing as well. I can’t believe he hit that three! I didn’t think he would make it!

erin
    April 10, 2008 | 12:12 pm

YES! I’m so glad we swayed you to visit Lawrence and glad you’re now a fan! I was in the middle of all this on Mass. St. Monday night, and it was amazing:

April 26, 2008 | 9:02 pm

I just saw this post and wanted to say thank oyu for supporting our team this year and hope you continue to do so! you are a good luck charm I think and I w2would love to keep winning..

Rock Chalk Jayhawk Go KU!!!!!!!