Life’s Drafts Unwritten

Posted on Tuesday 29 April 2008

It’s funny. I want to make reservations to go to Key West. I can’t wait to go to Key West. But I can’t commit to a date. I know I will go to Key West, sometime in May. But time is a-wasting. And I have no reservations.

It’s perplexing. I know, without a doubt, there is no place like home. But my home is about to be sold. So, where will home be?

It’s certain. I love my job here in South Florida. I love the beach. I love living in summer all winter. But I also love Mr. Restaurant Gal. He loves me. We need to try again. That much is certain.

I can write a draft scenario for each of these possibilities.

I want the best of all drafts to be all of my worlds.

12 Comments for 'Life’s Drafts Unwritten'

April 29, 2008 | 11:09 pm

May the wisdom of Solomon guide your choice. You already have the best wishes of everyone who faithfully reads your site.

April 30, 2008 | 4:18 am

Wow, that’s great news.

April 30, 2008 | 7:38 am

May the editors of your life’s drafts be supportive, understanding and gentle with their pens.

April 30, 2008 | 7:50 am

And so…there it is.

I’ll toast to that.

Lorraine
    April 30, 2008 | 10:22 am

Here’s to the fun of writting drafts and letting your course find the right route, whatever that may bring. Cheering you on in Kansas – L

Valerie
    April 30, 2008 | 11:23 am

Sounds like good is coming your way! Hope this draft brings much happiness.

April 30, 2008 | 3:02 pm

Which ever way you choose to go, it will be an adventure ๐Ÿ™‚

Julie
    April 30, 2008 | 7:22 pm

I get frustrated when I’m planning on going somewhere, but can’t figure out the dates because of work and the ordinary life events. I had a couple of trips canceled or rescheduled because of work, and I don’t think anything could have made me more upset.

Your heart will never steer you wrong. I hope everything works out well for you and Mr. RG.

Joe
    April 30, 2008 | 9:13 pm

I’m such a guy, I’m sitting here trying to fix it wondering why you two just don’t go together…

Joe
    April 30, 2008 | 9:13 pm

To Key West that is ๐Ÿ™‚

April 30, 2008 | 9:52 pm

Ex-RM–You are too great.

Alex–It is, but still a work in progress. The key word is “progress.”

Michael–XO my friend.

Rick–And I will toast you in person.

Lorraine–Always cheering for Kansas–and I should be in your neck of the woods again this summer when I schlep furniture out to RG Daughter.

Valerie–Drafts undergo many revisions, but I think the fundamental foundation of this one will win out.

Kim–And as you know, I am all about the adventure!

Julie–It’ just me who has to book the Key West trip. And my heart is doing its best.

Joe–Why on earth did I not think of that ๐Ÿ˜‰

April 30, 2008 | 10:20 pm

Can’t MRG (Mr. Restaurant Gal) come to SoFla? Now wouldn’t that be a nice way to write the story?