Adding It Up

Posted on Thursday 24 January 2008

Six months into it:

My personal life in South Florida: Currently in the tank. Maybe I should have gone on that boat ride, after all.

Kids: Excellent. And, yes, this counts for a lot.

Job: Huge challenge, now that we are in season. Head spinning, ability to be polite fading fast. No, really, guests have complained about me. Yep, complained about RG. Outlook? Desperately trying to stay in the game.

Pup: The best. Thank God.

My sanity: Hanging by a very slender thread.

My goal: Pouring coffee at a small, nothing eatery on any Key with Upset Waitress, where no one rich or incredibly rude ever goes.

My reality: So far, this place has offered me weather to die for. Now all I have to do is not die.

The cost: Stupidly high auto insurance. And a bit more.

9 Comments for 'Adding It Up'

Tinker
    January 24, 2008 | 1:39 am

How is motorcycle insurance over there? I’d guess it would be a grest deal lower as motorcycles are not a favorite vehicle of Geriatric patients. Maybe you should switch to a motorcycle (or even a scooter!). Would probably get about 85-95 mpg.
    Oh yeah you’d need to be REAL careful since Geriatrics are not noted for their vision. But I’d sooner take a chamce on some old people than a buffoon in an Escalade. that is talking on the phone.

January 24, 2008 | 8:02 am

Probably saner than if you’d not moved when you did

Chris
    January 24, 2008 | 1:18 pm

Matthew 16:26

January 24, 2008 | 2:44 pm

Sounds like you’re taking the bad and the good. Hang in there, winter birds can;t stay there for ever.

January 24, 2008 | 9:15 pm

Sounds like life……stay cool…..

LM
    January 25, 2008 | 11:07 pm

In the Biz there are those customers who would complain that the good Lord Himself didn’t do enough or wasn’t polite enough. Please take them with a grian of salt, maybe around the rim of a margarita?

January 26, 2008 | 7:21 pm

I’m in the same boat. Uggggh. Too bad all of our customers can’t be dogs.

January 26, 2008 | 9:29 pm

I know you’ll get through all of this and eventually all will be right in your world. (well… maybe not all.. that might be boring after all… but I have faith that you’ll come out all right in the end.. or the beginning)

the funny thing is, I have a feeling you’ll actually understand what I’m so not able to state eloquently at the moment.

=)

January 27, 2008 | 1:35 am

Don’t worry, we’re all keeping an eye on you. And Rouletta will certainly keep you focused. Definitely busy.

Just remember to keep smiling, it makes everyone else wonder what you’ve been up to.