Actually, I’m Busy

Posted on Sunday 2 December 2007

Something odd happened this weekend. I had things to do, people to see.

I was busy…two nights in a row.

Me. The queen of alone time in my apartment. The queen of very alone at the regulars’ place I no longer feel a need to patronize, even once a week.

Would that really be me? Who also has plans several nights next week?

Wow. I don’t hardly know this me.

Hopefully, she’ll write and tell me how it all unfolds.

13 Comments for 'Actually, I’m Busy'

December 2, 2007 | 8:32 am

Maybe you need to bookmark this post, then come and comment on it in 3 months…

December 2, 2007 | 9:46 am

“Hopefully, she’ll write and tell me how it all unfolds.”

Uh, yeah…she better. And I want to hear (or read) that, while change can often be uncomfortable, she appreciates it was for what it is: a catalyst for spiritual, mental, and emotional growth.

Peace,

– Dennis

December 2, 2007 | 5:58 pm

I cherish alone time. I can’t get enough of it.

December 2, 2007 | 11:02 pm

Kim–Can’t wait to see how all this plays out. 🙂

Dennis–No worries, I can’t help but write about it all. As for growth, I can only hope.

UW–I used to cherish it, too. Until I felt alone all the time, and then I was. I welcome this unexpected change.

December 3, 2007 | 6:55 am

Based on your recent posts, UW, I’d say that, yes, you obviously cherish alone time.

December 3, 2007 | 12:38 pm

Great that your social life is getting HOT!!!

Lex
    December 3, 2007 | 11:15 pm

Good for you, Busy Lady. I have a love-hate relationship with my aloneness. I hate it when I want someone to be there when I walk in and I love it when I would throw anyone in my space out the window. I guess there’s balance in there somewhere.

Have fun and when you’ve had enough, go back to business as usual. You’ll appreciate it…until the next time…

sigh

December 4, 2007 | 10:33 am

Sometimes it’s nice to be alone, but I agree it can be nice to find yourself overbooked too! Great blog by the way!

December 4, 2007 | 10:49 am

cheers for the linky Restaurant Gal………

December 4, 2007 | 6:29 pm

Yes, look back in a few months when you are saying ‘why don’t I have any free time on my days off?’

December 5, 2007 | 8:02 am

She’s too busy to give us a post! Booooo. :<

Jen
    December 5, 2007 | 12:57 pm

Hey Gal!

It’s the first snow here in D.C.! If you go to the beach and squint real hard you might be able to imagine it… 🙂

Cheers,
    J

December 5, 2007 | 3:05 pm

Who wrote this, and what did you do with RG? ha ha ha
    good for you, I look forward to hearing about your activities.